Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Color


My Colors


          My intention with this image was to capture an color pattern of analagous of red, yellow and orange.  I did this by taking a picture of these trees in the fall, while their leaves were dying and about to fall off.  On the other side I was thinking of making leaves, but I felt like it would be too complicated and look messy, so I stuck with simple shapes.


      My intention with this image was to capture the sunlight hitting the purple flower, and contrasting with the green, and a little bit of yellow, to get a triadic color wheel.  I felt like the square color shapes would contrast with the round leaves.


           My intention with this image was to capture a monochromatic image.  I did this by finding a red leaf on the red fire-lane, with a little bit of black.  The black is not a color so it does not contrast with the red image.  I added stripes on the right to make it consistent, like the red fire-lane.


               My intention was to capture the contrasts of the red flag and the green field.  In the image to the right, I created a color pattern for the colors on the left, and added a white stripe in the middle to represent the white flag in the middle of the picture.  

1 comment:

  1. Ellery -

    Exceptional images; your digital compositions are quite intriguing. I especially enjoy how you allow the various digital designs to overlap and merge with your photographs. The analogous circles stand out (though I might not use the light pink color as it seems out of the intended scheme.) And, while I love the image of the flower and the added design, I am not sure you capture a true triad as there cannot be both primary and secondary colors in a triad. A few extra edits to remove the white lines between rectangular shapes in the final image would also greatly enhance that image.

    ReplyDelete