Monday, April 22, 2013

Abstract Relief Sculpture

           My collection of textures is quite varied.  I used some geometric wire, with some crumpled paper, a little bit of burlap and a metal plate, accompanied by a variety of nails.  The juxtaposition of my materials worked quite well, some stood out more than others, but it was the purpose.  It didn't end up too differently than the 2D image I had created before.    I had many different ideas in the beginning, but I ended up choosing the more geometric and mirrored image that I created.
            The degree that I pushed myself to rework and refine my work was average.  I took a few classes in the beginning to figure out just the materials I would be using.  In the end I had made more of it 3D than I had intended in the beginning, but it really added to the final product.  The compositions of my final prints and relief sculpture are pretty well unified, as they are similar yet different.  They are completely different materials that I used, but together they looked like one, pretty similar textures/ materials.  
                 During reflective or evaluative discussions and writings I was pretty thoroughly involved.  I used the time to gather information and reflections from my other peers and classmates, but I also contributed to it plenty myself.  I was able to communicate my aesthetic insights and concepts pretty intellectually.

No comments:

Post a Comment